Challenge Cancer | Avoid Chemotherapy | Mohanan Vaidyar
Cancer is not a big issue, says Mohanan Vaidyar. When you fear cancer then it becomes a problem that cannot be solved. Our mind is very powerful, so don’t lose your mind power when you hear that you or your relatives are affected by cancer because the positive thought itself can cure the disease.
Choosing right treatment for cancer is very important. Before going for a treatment it is good to investigate about that treatment. The treatments for cancer available in Allopathy system surely have side effects. You should be aware of those side effects before selecting that treatment because if something happens to you after the treatment then the authorities will not be responsible. They will already make you sign concern papers that you are the only one who is responsible for all the health related problems after the treatment.
The side effects of Chemotherapy
- Allergic and Dermatological Reactions
- Appetite Changes
- Bleeding Problems
- Cardiotoxicity (heart damage)
- Cognitive problems
- Effects on Heart
- Encephalopathy (brain dysfunction)
- Fatigue (Weakness and Tiredness)
- Hair Loss
- Hearing impairment (deafness)
- Hepatotoxicity (liver damage)
- Loss or Change of Taste Sense
- Loss of Appetite
- Memory Changes
- Mouth and Throat Changes
- Mucositis (inflammation of the mucous membrane)
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Nerve Changes
- Nephrotoxicity (kidney damage)
- Neutropenia (low white blood cells) (Susceptibility to infections)
- Ototoxicity (damage to the inner ear), causing vertigo
- Sexual and Fertility Changes in Men and Women
- Skin and Nail Changes
- Sleeping problem
- Sore Mouth
- Thrombocytopenia (low blood platelet count) – creates blood clotting problems
- Urination Changes
There are more than hundred different types of chemotherapy drugs. Every patient will not get all the side effects because different drugs cause different side effects according to the strength of the medicine used to treat.
Many patients suffer from long-term problems from chemo. Some side effects lasts for months or even years. Sometimes the side effects can last a lifetime, for example, chemo causes long-term damage to heart, lungs, kidneys, or reproductive organs. Certain types of chemo sometimes causes a second cancer that may be detected many years later.